Throughout the year, small groups will provide students support or education regarding a variety of issues. Groups will meet between for several weeks, depending on the topic being discussed. Groups will meet once each week. Participation is voluntary. The following groups are available to students and parents who are interested:
- Family Matters: Parents separated or divorced? Discuss family changes and learn from other students about what helps.
- Cool Cats: Learn how to control you anger and be a Cool Cat.
- All about Me: Learn how to feel better about yourself and proud of who you are.
- Friends Forever: Need help making and keeping friends? Learn how to get along with others and start new friendships.
- Far-Away Parents: If you have a parent who is away for any reason including jail, military, living in another state.
- Grief: If you have lost someone, learn the stages of grief and how to cope.
- Test Taking Skills: Be ready to rock the test. Learn about coping with test anxiety, how to attack the test, and feeling confident about your self.
- Pack it Up for Middle School: Are you nervous about middle school? Learn about making friends, what to expect, and if kids really do get stuffed in lockers.